Bite-sized wisdom can go a long way. This is why I include quotes in our daily emails, on social media, in my presentations and, occasionally, in these blogs. They’re simple and short but always impactful. Often they give us encouragement at just the right time, urging us to stay on the right path and continue striving for success.
As a pick-me-up, here are 10 quotes that our readers liked in these difficult times. Let’s carry this bite-sized wisdom and motivation as we head into the holiday season.
- "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any." - Alice Walker
- "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." - C.S. Lewis
- "Build something you're passionate about. As an entrepreneur you have to have the passion and drive to stay the course." - Alexandra Chong
- "Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me." - Arianna Huffington
- "Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." - Emory Austin
- "You are as amazing as you let yourself be. Let me repeat that. You are as amazing as you let yourself be." - Elizabeth Alraune
- "You can’t just hope for happy endings. You have to believe in them. Then do the work, take the risks." - Nora Roberts
- "Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit." - Bear Bryant
- "Rarely are opportunities presented to you in a perfect way. In a nice little box with a yellow bow on top. 'Here, open it, it's perfect. You'll love it.' Opportunities - the good ones - are messy, confusing and hard to recognize. They're risky. They challenge you." - Susan Wojcicki
- "Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely." - Auguste Rodin