Winning the sale is only half of the battle. The next steps you take determine the future success of your business. Here are some post-sale strategies that will keep your business running strong:
- Send a welcome package. Include a thank you letter, a “how to get the best use out of our widgets” report, and some other helpful tools that nurture the relationship and offer post-purchase reassurance. This is a very powerful tool in increasing referrals and minimizing refunds.
- Write two review letters: A 2-week review letter with a feedback form and response-maximizing device, and a 6-month review letter asking for their feedback and mentioning that you will call to review their situation.
- Create a nurturing program with a total of two nurturing pieces per year as well as two to three letters asking for a repeat sale (this will depend on your specific industry).
- Run a referral campaign designed to generate high numbers of direct referrals in return for an incentive.
- Send a newsletter at least four times per year. Most clients have email, an e-newsletter will suffice.
- Send a “special offer” letter. One of the reasons some businesses don't generate much repeat business is that they simply don't ask customers to buy from them again.