Once you’ve made a good first impression, keep the positive relationship alive by leaving a lasting impression. Here are some ideas on how to leave a good impression:
- Send a thank-you note. Not only is this a nice gesture, but it also serves as a refresher of who you are and what you have to offer.
- Deliver what you promised in a timely manner. If you meet someone and offer to do something for them or send them something, do it (and quickly)!
- Keep a database of contacts and organize those contacts into groups based on their relationship to you. This will help you remember who people are, where you met them, and so forth.
- Regularly touch base with your contacts. Contacting your prospects and clients regularly helps you maintain good standing.
- Send surveys. These are great for gauging customer satisfaction. Surveys can be mailed, emailed, or filled out through online survey websites.
- Send newsletters. This is a good way to help customers remember your business. It is not as personal; however, it’s easy to manage for large quantities of customers.
Love one of our blogs? Feel free to use an excerpt on your own site, newsletter, blog, etc. Just be sure to send us a copy or link, and include the following at the end of the excerpt: “By Mark Jewell, Wall Street Journal best-selling author of Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! This content is excerpted from Jewell Insights, Mark Jewell's daily blog on ideas and inspiration for advancing efficiency. Sign up at SellingEnergy.com.”
Want our daily content delivered to your inbox? Sign up for the Jewell Insights mailing list!