When you’re giving a presentation or pitching a sale online, you’re always at risk of losing the attention and focus of the listeners. So, what can you do to keep people from tuning out?
Here are some tips:
- Be positive.
- Use shorter sentences and don’t ramble on.
- Change your delivery speed and use pauses from time to time.
- Insert a blank slide when talking about a key topic – this will encourage the audience to listen to what you’re saying.
- Ask a question and pause before you answer it.
- Tell a captivating story.